At Marjory Kinnon School, we recognise that good attendance is vital for the children’s academic and social progress at school.
Parent/carers should ensure that their child attends school to ensure learning is not disrupted and should therefore not organise holidays during term time.
Reporting your child’s absence
- telephone the school as soon as possible on 020 8890 8890 or 020 8890 2032.
- Registers of attendance are taken at 8.55am and 1:30pm. Late registration is recorded and monitored.
- Absences are monitored by the school and, if necessary, by the Education Welfare Officer (EWO). Pupils whose attendance drops below 90% will be monitored and parent/carers will be contacted where reasons for absences are unknown or not acceptable. Letters will be sent to parents regarding non-attendance. If the absences continue to cause concern the school will refer a pupil to the EWO.
- Individual pupils causing concern will be placed on a monthly monitoring list.
- Parents will receive a record of their child’s attendance record in the school report presented at the Annual Review.